Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sightseeing in Singapore

With friends here the last couple months, we got to do some extra sightseeing.  I thought I'd share some of the sights of Singapore with you.  We'll start with the food and move on to the scenery.


A dessert called "cendol"--It contains coconut milk, "jelly"
with green food coloring (different from the jelly we put on bread!),
red beans, shaved ice, and maybe a few other things.


Cendol after it's all mixed together--You can see the green "jelly" in this picture.


Seafood in the Chinatown wet market


Seafood in the wet market by our flat


Inside those leaves are rice cakes.  On the sticks are "satay," pork or beef or chicken seasoned deliciously. You usually dip them in the cups of peanut sauce, but I like them plain--my favorite food here!


Otah, a spicy "fish paste" wrapped in banana leaf


One of the views from the Flyer (world's tallest ferris wheel)


Looking out into the bay


Marina Bay Sands, a hotel and casino


View from a river cruise


The Flyer at night


The symbol of Singapore, the Merlion


View from the cable cars which run from Mt. Faber in Singapore to Sentosa Island


Another view from the cable cars


On Mt. Faber with Jeff Kotman and Yoon Chuan & Jee Fung, a couple from church


Flowers and oranges on Sentosa


Beautiful flowers at the Singapore Zoo


More flowers at the zoo


A palm leaf at the zoo

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over how beautiful everything is out there! the flowers are amazing! and everything just looks so clean and nice. The food on the other hand....that would take some getting used to :)

    thanks again for the post -- I love seeing parts of your life out there!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete