Saturday, October 27, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to our blog!  I just want to get one quick post on here since I am giving out our blog address.  For the rest of the posts, I will wait until we get to Singapore.  For those who have read my husband's emails from the Philippines and Singapore and are used to his writing, I apologize...I don't have his ability to write like that.  But I will do my best to keep it interesting. :-)

It's only eight days until we leave!!  So hard to believe.  A sixth-floor flat (apartment) has been rented for us and will be ready when we get there, Lord willing.  The pictures look nice, and we can't wait to see it in person!  Once we are settled in, I will post more pictures.  But for now, this is the building we will be in.


Thank you all for your prayers these past few months.  We will miss you all!  But we are looking forward to meeting God's people in Singapore too, and getting to know and love them also.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie - I found you :) Looking forward to reading about your life in Singapore...we care about you and your family! Our prayers are with you as you say goodbye to your family and friends this week.
    Lisa DB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lannings! Today is actually the day that you are leaving us:( and you are heavily on our hearts and minds. Our kids have been ending their prayers with "and please be with the Lannings and give them safe travels as they move to singapore" and that is our prayer as well, especially today as you begin your journey. The kids loved getting to play one last time, those days will be remembered dearly. Spencer I am sure will always remember shooting hoops in the basement with Rev. Lanning:) Looking forward to following you on this blog and keeping in touch, thanks for setting this up!! We will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there...you are flying as I type....we prayed for you at supper again..nice to see you off, but yet so-o-o hard to see you leave and yet we feel confident the Lord will use you for the good of Singapore. May God be near you as you adjust to your new life in Singapore. Love, Rev and Pat Koole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello -

    Just wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts and prayers constantly! I thought of this song as you are making your way to Singapore. "Praise Jehovah all ye nations, all ye people praise proclaim for His grace and loving kindness o sing praises to His Name. For the greatness of His mercy constant praise to Him accord. Evermore His truth endureth, Hallelujah, praise the Lord." Love Joshua and Sharla and kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooohoooo!! You are there! We have thought of you so often as you traveled. Now we are happy for the Singapore folks! Post lots of pictures! Praying God will continue to be with you all!
    Love,
    Karen Daling

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jessica and Lanning family,

    We are missing you, and we hope that you're having a great time in Singapore. How was your trip? We are so glad that you could be in our class these last two months.

    What is Singapore like? Could you send us some pictures of your new home? What is your new home like? Have you been to any Hindu temples yet? Have you seen the mer-lion? How is the food? Have you been to a hawker center? Have you been to the bird park? Have you made any new friends? Have you seen the world's largest ferris wheel?

    You are always in our prayers,
    Your friends in 4th grade at Heritage Christian School.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too! How are you doing? Our trip was good--and long! I am going to send you pictures. :-) (as soon as we find out how and where to print them) We have not seen the ferris wheel yet, or been to the bird park. I can't wait to do that, but first we have to get settled in our house. I have not tried that much food yet. I found one new food that I like though. They're called flour biscuits. I hope you have fun in school. Love, Jessica

      Delete