Friday, November 30, 2012

Singapore Zoo

I mentioned the Singapore Zoo in an earlier post but wasn't able to show you pictures at the time.  We were given a year pass to the zoo, so the kids and I went back a few days ago with a couple other moms from church.  In Singapore, the school year runs from January through December, with June, the second half of November, and December as their vacation ("holiday") months.  So even kids who would normally be in school were able to spend a day at the zoo!  We saw a sea lion show, and Jessica and Eric were even able to go up to the front to get soaked by the sea lion spinning in circles and hitting the water.  We also saw a kids' show with dogs, cats, and...ugh...rats.  I didn't need to see those! :-)  No, really, we had a great time.


 

Dorcas with her son Elijah and our Megan, and Vivian with her son Joel.
Dorcas also has a daughter Jael, and Vivian has a daughter Charis.

I said in my earlier post that you are walking through a tropical rainforest when you walk through this zoo, and that the animals have nice, big places to roam.  In the following pictures you can see what I meant.  It is absolutely beautiful!




The white tiger

Besides the natural beauty, there is also a great kids' area there, including a waterpark. Our kids could have played there for hours!



As I was looking at one of the animals, the following verse came to mind:  "O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches" (Psalm 104:24).  What a great Creator we serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment